Monday, August 20, 2012

Workouts 08/13 - 08/19


I felt like I had a pretty good workout week last week. I missed one workout (Friday) but got the others done with some shifting. 

Monday - (not shown on the graphic for some reason).  3.5 miles in 45 minutes (12:51) plus walking warm up/down.  I wasn't scheduled to run until Tuesday but we had guests and it occurred to me that if I ran Monday evening I could avoid waking the household Tuesday morning early.  It had rained and the temps were down into the 80s but I ran through millions of gnats which was pretty gross.  Zone 2 run so pretty nice.

Tuesday - Arms/shoulders.  I went through the script of exercises 2x.  Definitely more doable with the weights than the last time I did it with books.

Wednesday - Chest & back strength training. Again through the script 2x. 

Thursday - 3.5 miles in 45 minutes (12:51) plus walking warm up/down.  I ran at lunch hour because I needed to work until 5:00.  It was 85 when I started and 92 when I ended but I ran at the (deserted) track where there is a water fountain.  Easy zone 2 and I worked on being relaxed and picking up my feet.

Saturday - 7 miles in 1:32 (13:08) plus walking warm up/down.  A bit slower but also longer than the earlier week runs.  Still mostly zone 2 but with 3 minute surges into zone 3.  This run was scheduled for Sunday but I went to Houston overnight to see my nephew in a play.

Sunday - Saturday's core workout and then foam rolling workout.  It should have been 30 minutes core but I got interrupted over and over by the kids and dogs and gave up after about 15 minutes.  I did 20 minutes on the foam roller which was both wonderful and terrible.  But watching the coaches' video did give me some tips on rolling that helped. 


Other notes:  My coach still wants me to work on eating more calories for breakfast and fewer for dinner.  I'm finding it a bit challenging, especially with the puppies pulling some morning time. 

I have not lost any weight since starting with the coach but then I didn't say that was my goal.  My goal is really to get stronger and faster.  I can't really tell if faster is working because how can I compare my times running in blistering hot weather to anything else.  It's very apples to oranges but I do feel happy with the coaching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment