Monday, October 22, 2012

Workouts 10/15 - 10/21

Eh. Yeah.  Another crap week in the books.  I think maybe this training cycle just went on too long for me.  I'll admit that when I saw the 14 mile run on this week's schedule I was shocked and overwhelmed.  I thought the week before a race would be maybe a 5-6 miler.  I checked with the coach and she said yep, that's the schedule. I think she indicated in the comments that I could alternately run 8-9 but I'm not totally sure.  But let's go in order.

Tuesday - Did Monday's Arms & core work that I didn't get done Monday because ChocolateDaughter would not GO TO SLEEP!  I did that work while I was home because ChocolateWife and ChocolateSon were both sick so I didn't do the Tuesday run.

Wednesday - I was supposed to do chest & back. Again the baby would not sleep and again I didn't.

Thursday - 4.1 in 52 minutes (12:40) plus walking warm up/down.  I had a super run. The schedule called for 5 x 8 minutes in zone 4 (up to obviously) with 2 minutes between and warming up and down. I didn't think I could actually run 8 minutes without a break but I did it not once, not twice, etc. but 5 times.  I actually think I was running faster on the last 8 minute interval than the first. 

Friday - should have done legs but dinner out/kids to sleep/apathy struck again.

Saturday - Stretching & foam rolling.  35 minutes of stretching and 15 minute of foam rolling.  Very good sessions.

Sunday - Was supposed to be the aforementioned 14 mile run with the middle 10 at marathon pace.  I just... I literally sat on the edge of the bed holding my sports bra and nearly crying because I felt so tired and just didn't want to. I couldn't even imagine running 5 miles.  Instead the entire family went for a hike/walk at a park we'd never been to (St. Edwards Park Trail) which was very nice. We took the puppies for their first hike and they did very well. 

I've got a 10 mile race in a week and I need to think about my goals.  At least this is a very easy week to get ready for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment