Monday, October 1, 2012

Workouts 09/24- 09/30


I had a good and hard workout week.  It was the first week (I think) that I've actually done all of the assigned workouts since I've had a coach.  I didn't do them necessarily in order or on the right days (which I think was to my detriment) but I did them all.

Monday - Arms & Shoulders.  Hard but worth doing. 

Tuesday - Chest & Back.  Very fast workout so I could then make dinner.  This workout should have been Wednesday.

Thursday - 3.00 in 42 minutes including warm up and down. Run. This was Tuesday's repeat session 5 x 400s.  I measured the 400 meters on my GPS on the sidewalk.  2:18, 2:11, 2:18, 2:17, 2:20.  Not quite as fast as I thought it would be but not bad either.  69 degrees and 91% humidity was particularly gross.

Thursday - 10.6 bike in 55 minutes.  This was actually Thursday's workout.  Maintained steady cadence.

Saturday - Did Friday's Legs session.  A little killer with 4 different lunges and 4 different squats repeated 2x each.

Saturday - 12.66 bike in 1:15.  Legs were sore but coach said take it easy so I did.  Nice ride.

Sunday - 8.0 in 1:45 (13:07).  Building endurance run on very sore legs.  I had a brutal headache and worked to improve it, finally deciding to go run anyway and see how it was.  Head not bad.  Legs hurt.  I ran 4 mile out and turned around straight into a hard wind so that made it even harder.  Zone 2 with 3 minute surges to zone 3 every 20 minutes. 


I also registered for a race last week.  The Run for the Water which is a 10 miler and which some of my twitter/running friends are running.  The price was right and I haven't had anything to freak out about in a while. 

I'll admit that I'm a bit bummed today about my running/fitness.  I'm following the instructions from my coach but this week I'm not sure that I'm seeing progress. My weight is exactly the same as it was the day I started this program and the same as 4 months ago and 12 months ago and 24 months ago.  I seem to be quite settled at this weight.  My coaching comes with a meal tracking thing and when I track, I don't usually hit the # of calories allotted for the day (particularly if I exercise) and if I believe calories in & calories out, I should be losing weight.  But I'm not.  I would agree that my arms are more buff but beyond that...  I just don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment