Monday, November 5, 2012

Workouts 10/29 - 11/04 and Knee Pain

My workouts for last week are pretty paltry. 

Monday - Stretching & foam rolling.  45 minutes. 

My coach laid out a lovely recovery week program for me in spite of the fact that my 16 weeks were completed last week.  Unfortunately I didn't do any of the recovery week work with the exception of the day of stretching and foam rolling.  I woke up Monday with pain in my right knee.  I'm pretty bummed about it because I've never had any significant injury or pain from running nor in my knee.  When I was 11 or 12 I got my knee kicked out of place playing softball but that was a traumatic injury and I used crutches, did PT, and strengthened it.  So this feels very out of the blue.  My knee feels better than it did a few days ago but not as good as I'd like.  I need to continue taking a few more days of NSAIDs and hopefully by the weekend I will be ready for some light activity. 

I've been thinking about my HM training program and will probably be posting my plan this week sometime. I'm thinking of using a combination of the Runner's World Smart Coach plan, adding some core work, and doing the workouts with run/walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment