Monday, July 15, 2013

Workouts 07/08 - 07/14


I have not posted in weeks. I'm not sure why - apathy?  I actually have been getting some exercise but not on a training plan.  Last week was somewhat typical although we had a very busy week. 

Tuesday - Cycling 12.5 miles in 1:02.  After a weekend at the farm with only one walk to show for it and eating too much eggs, cheese, and bread I was dying for some exercise and green vegies.  I left work 2.5 hours early for a hair cut, then rode my bike.  It as between 96-98 degrees out. I rode past the end of town, back to the grocery store where I had to lock my bike to a cart return because there don't seem to be any bike racks in the suburbs.  No kale!  No green beans!  Still I grabbed a few things and rode back home.

Wednesday - Treadmill walk 3.15 in 1:00.  It recorded twice so my pic shows 6 miles in stead of 3.15.  Nice peaceful walk.  The kids played with their visiting cousin and let me walk and read.

Friday - Cycling 13.41 in :57 (14.1 mph).  I woke up feeling crummy but then went out after a few hours. I rode mostly on streets so it was faster than usual. 

Sunday - Cycling 16.44 in 1:16 (13 mph).  I was up a good part of the night with ChocolateDaughter so I set out easy. Even so a better speed than I would have done a month ago.  Lots of runners and riders out.

My weight is up from my starting and certainly my goal.  I started about 165, got to 173 and am now at 171.  Obviously I'm not happy about that.  I need to keep working at it. 

I'm enjoying all the cycling I'm doing.  A month ago my speed to hit was 12.0.  Now it's 13.0 or 13.5 and my legs feel stronger all the time.  I still wouldn't consider myself at all serious and I ride mostly on the bike/walk path which is, by definition, slower than riding on streets.  But it's also more fun and prettier and still burns about 900 calories an hour. 

My step counts are not really worth posting any more. The pedometer app I was using did an update that did not work on my phone and I've pretty much stopped carrying it around all day although I am still taking the long route to/from my desk and around the house, etc. 




No comments:

Post a Comment