Monday, November 14, 2011

Last Week

Not a great training week. I'm really tired and run-down.  We are near finishing our big project to remove the carpet from our house and replace it all with stained concrete.  This weekend was our 6th (and final (until we do the living room in a few years) room) and by my count, the 7th weekend we've tackled this project in about the last 2.5 or 3 months.  I feel like my training on weekends will come much easier when we don't have this project any longer.  I guess the good thing is that about half of this project has happened while I wasn't formally training for a Half-Marathon. 

Monday - 1.01 walk 18 minutes (17:49 mm).  Stroller walked the baby to sleep.

Tuesday - 3.15 walk 58 minutes (18:24 mm).   I was worried that I was coming down with a cold or sore throat so I walked rather than ran.

Wednesday - 1.20 walk 20 minutes (16:24 mm). Stroller walked the baby to sleep.

Thursday - 4.4 mile 55 minutes (12:29 mm).  A lovely run.  Includes the warm-up and down and a 2:1 ratio.  The moon was bright like it was a big round LED light.  46 degrees out. 

Saturday - ChocolateWife took the ChocolateKids on a Playdate and said I was free to do what I wanted.  Normally I just run around our neighborhood (on concrete or asphalt) but I decided to head to a city park to run the trails.  I also had only expected to run 5 or 6 miles but since I had time I decided to make it a longer run.  Including warm-up and down I ran 9.0 miles in 2.0 hours (13:20 mm).  The first 1:15 or so I did a 90:60 and then dropped to 60:60.  I honestly think that running 9 miles on trails is about like running 10.5 or 11.0 on the street.  I kept thinking of that old saying about going up hill to school, both ways.  I felt like I just ran up and up hill and never down.  It was probably one of the most fun runs I've ever had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment