Monday, May 7, 2012

Exercise 4/30 - 5/06

Another good workout week this week:

Monday - You are your own GYM (Yayog) Week 2, Day 1 - Arms Ladders. A repeat of the workouts from the week before but I've added strength. On the modified pull-ups I got up to 4 3 different times.
Monday - Lunch time (half-hour) walk of 1.72 miles in 27 minutes.

Tuesday - I switched my hours again so I'm back to my early morning running. Upside: cooler, very little auto exhaust, and I don't have to pack a bag and take two showers a day. Downside: running in the dark and no long break during my work day. 3.77 miles in 47 minutes (12:28) plus the walking warm up/down. I did a 2:00/1:00 ratio because my legs were still a bit tight.

Wednesday - Yayog Week 2, Day 2 - Legs, Ladders. A good workout and I did a few crunches and a plank as well.

Thursday - 5.17 in 59 minutes (11:26) plus walking warm up/down. I did some gliders and really concentrated on my pace. Great run.
Thursday - Yayog Week 2, Day 3 - Arms Ladders. I did the first 2 exercises while cooking dinner and the last two after eating. I got as high as 7 on one set of pull-ups and 6 on the next.

Friday - Yayog Week 2, Day 4 - Legs ladders. Very good strong workout. I was going to walk at lunch but work got a bit too crazy.

Sunday - 10.14 miles 2:09 (12:43). I planned to go for a run at Walnut Creek but the rain made that unwise so I just ran on the sidewalks and streets from home and back. Nike+ distance may be up to half-mile high but should be close. I was sore in my lower back and legs for most of the first 6-7 miles in that way that you are sore if you sleep wrong. Ran a good part in light rain which was lovely. 1:00/1:00 ratio and this includes walking warm up/down.
Sunday - Yayog Week 3, Day 1 - Arms. Strength training. Rather than ladders this workout has you do 3 sets of 4 exercises either 6-12 reps or to exhaustion. I had to modify the first (push-ups) because my toe is really sore after my run. Other than that, I was able to do all 12 reps of all but one set. I have to admit that I think the time provided (3 minutes per set) is excessive. I put away my laundry, got out my work clothes for Monday, and still started most of the sets early.

No comments:

Post a Comment