Monday, May 21, 2012

Workouts 5/14 - 5/20

Monday - 1.75 in 32 minute walk. I went for a lunch hour (half-hour) walk. It was quite lovely.

Monday - You are your own Gym Week 4, Day 1. Basically Arms Interval training (12 of each push exercise). The program is the same as Week 3 Day 1. Then I did 18 minutes of the core workout at the Pre-Dawn Runner's site. It's a hard core workout but I know it would help me if I can do it consistently.

Tuesday - 4.1 miles in 47 minutes (11:27 mm) plus the walking warm up/down. A really nice run right after it rained. The streets were wet but the air was clear.

Tuesday - Yayog Week 4, Day 2. Legs intervals. A really good workout. With the exception of the one-legged romanian deadlifts, these are all very doable exercises for me.

Wednesday - Yayog Week 4, Day 3. Arms (pulling) intervals. A good workout. I didn't quite finish it because I got an important phone call after 11 of the 12 sets but still very good.

Thursday - 3.9 miles in 47 (12:03 mm) plus walking warm up/down. It was warm out 77-82 but mostly I just felt really tired. I got it done and sort of shrugged that any run is better than no run.

Saturday - 4.78 mile walk in 1:13. Lovely morning for a walk. As I was coming home after 3, the family met me so we went a bit further. The only bad thing is that my feet started to get a bit hot-spotty from walking further than I intended in my Vibrams on concrete. Always lovely to walk/run with the family though.

Sunday - 12.1 miles in 2:35 (12:48) including walking warm up/down. What a great run. I wore my new shoes for the first 4 miles and last 4 miles. It felt really great. By the formula my long runs should be around 14:30 but since I'm just running 10-12 on the weekends, I'm working to go faster than that.

Sunday - Yayog Week 5, Day 1. Arms/Supersets. This is a short workout. It's basically 6 sets of 2 exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment