Monday, June 4, 2012

Workouts 5/28 - 6/03

I had a relatively crummy workout week last week. Geez. I just couldn't get myself out the door to even try. I believe it was a combination of stress (job) and tired (?) and sad (dog). Hopefully this week will be better. Last week: Monday - 6.0 miles 1:10 (11:39 mm) plus the walking warm up/down.It was Memorial day so I got to take my second daylight run in a row. I just ran on the sidewalks/streets in the neighborhood but it was quite nice. I did a 1:00/1:00 but maintained a nice pace.

Monday - You are your own Gym Week 5 Day 4 and Week 6 Day 1. I did the core workout from the week before and then the Arms/Pushing supersets from Week 6.

Tuesday - You are your own Gym Week 6 Day 2 - Legs, Supersets. Such a good workout.

Saturday - 3.9 in 1:03 walk. The entire family walked to the park and then played and then home. ChocolateDaughter rode her balance bike.

Sunday - Long Slow Hot Run of 9.5 in 2:15 (14:12 mm) plus the walking warm up/down. I'm not sure why this run was like this. I felt ok, just hot and sluggish. My first mile I covered just over 4.5 which is about normal for a LSR but then it just dropped and dropped. I'm going to blame the weather and the rest of the week. At a 1:00/1:00 ratio it was slow.

Sunday - You are your own Gym Week 6 Day 3 - Arms Pulling Supersets. A good workout although I do let me ins rather than pullups. I just can bring myself to try to do a pullup on the door.

The biggest news of the week is that I signed up for the Austin LiveSTRONG half-marathon for the 3rd straight year on Friday. I'd like to raise > $1500 this year to fight cancer and support those living with it. I'd also like to run a 2:35 or better half-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment