Monday, January 9, 2012

Half Marathon Training Plan Week 5

Training Plan Week:

WeekMonday DateTuesdayThursdayFridaySunday
501/02/201245 min run45 min runeasy walk13 miles

Actual Week:


Tuesday - 4.09 miles 47 minutes (11:29 mm) (plus .6 miles walking warm up/down). It was gorgeous and 52 degrees and sunny. I ran up and down hills on campus. I'm particularly happy about how much I'm running hills this year and how consistently I'm running at or faster than race pace for my runs.

Thursday - 4.1 miles 47 minutes (11:27 mm) (plus .55 miles walking warm up/down). Another gorgeous day of 62 and sunny. I ran over to the park nearest my work. It had a few hills but mostly was just quiet and nice. Some trails and some rock work to concentrate of careful stepping.

Friday - 3.64 miles 1:09 walking (18:57 mm). I walked up through the park and along the street and over a pretty wide area. Nice walk.

Sunday - Long Slow Run. 13.2 miles 2:52 (13:01 mm) plus 10 minutes .6 miles walking. RunKeeper recorded about 13.4 or 13.5 total. Nike+ recorded 14.9. I recalibrated the Nike+ to be closer to the RunKeeper. Target pace was 13:36 overall. This was a very hard run. I did the 1:1 ratio that I've done in the past but it was much harder. Almost as soon as I started I felt sore and tired. My back seemed to be out of place which made my hips and legs sore. I considered quitting at about 2 miles but stuck it out and got the miles in. I ran at Wells Branch Park and had to do the loop 3+ times. The upside was running on trail surface rather than concrete.

All Week I have been trying to keep up with the Plank-a-day trend. I missed Sunday and Tuesday but everyother day I did 1, 2, or 3 1 minute planks. I'd like to make sure that every day I do 3-5 1 minute planks. I've tried to figure out a way I could do them at work but haven't done so yet. Perhaps I can go down to the lockerroom and do one in there or on the staircase landing...

Team Livestrong - I've raised $779 toward my goal of $1000 for Team Livestrong. My most recent donation was from my uncle. The entire team has raised $110,000. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment