Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Labyrinth Blanket

I finished ChocolateDaugther's Labyrinth blanket this weekend. The blanket is a replacement for the first "big sister" blanket that I made her. That blanket is a disaster. I had been told in the first few years of my crocheting that you never tie a knot, you just crochet a stitch together to change from one yarn to another. It turns out that there is some other rule like only with thick yarns or something. This blanket is all baby soft yarn and all little pieces a few inches long and all started unraveling very quickly. I'd like to throw it away but ChocolateWife says it is fixable. To me it's upsetting and I'd rather not think about it.

In the meantime, when I made and gave the first Labyrinth blanket , ChocolateDaughter really liked it so I asked if she would like one. She was very excited so I've been working on her blanket simultaneous to working on the large afghan for my MIL and the baby blanket I also just finished. She was very excited about it and she and ChocolateSon started playing on it immediately.

I'm also really proud of the fact that the mother of the recipient of the first Labyrinth blanket posted a picture he drew of his favorite new and old presents - a plastic godzilla, his new bike, something else, and the labyrinth blanket!



No comments:

Post a Comment