Monday, April 30, 2012

Exercise 4/23 - 4/29

Last week I did only a bit of running but I did all 4 of my Yayog Workouts so I'm excited about that. Actually I guess I did the Yayog first workout on Sunday but I still did the set of 4 between Sunday and Saturday:

Monday - Yayog Week 1, Day 2 - Leg workout. This one is hard for me mostly due to balance doing the lunges and the romanian dead lifts (or something like that). I'm sure it helps though.

Monday - Lunch hour walk. 1.92 miles in 30 minutes. Lovely until the Oak pollen started me sneezing for the rest of the day.

Tuesday - 3.7 in 47 minutes (12:42 mm) plus the walking warm up/down. I ran at the track keeping it in zone 2-3.

Wednesday - Yayog Week 1, Day 3 - Arms workout. Very good workout.

Thursday - 3.7 in 47 minutes (12:42 mm) plus walking warm up/down. Body felt good but lungs felt tired. Perhaps suffering from allergies. I ran the hills near campus which is a good challenge. Did 2/1 and then even 1/1 ratio.

Thursday - I donated platelets (a double) at the blood bank. I wish I got over there to make a donation more freqently. My platelet count was lower than usual and it took me nearly 2 hours to make the donation. I don't know that I'll do a double again when my count is so low. I took Friday off from walking or running due to the donation.

Saturday - Yayog Week 1, Day 4 - Legs workout. It's hard but I like this one more than day 2 because the lunges are side lunges rather than back lunges.

Sunday - 10.75 miles in 2:25 (13:29 mm) including walking warm up/down. The temperature was 71 and humidity was 84 so it's getting to that time of year. I did a 1/1 and enjoyed the run. I was still sore from the Saturday Yayog but just let it loosen on its own. The first few miles were very tight and then again tight at the end. For the last few miles the running seemed easier. When I look at my splits the 9th mile was under 12:00 pace and the 10th was at 12:03 so those were my fastest miles.

We had semi-unexpected houseguests Saturday night. We knew they might be coming from Friday but didn't know what night or when. I planned on running and had discussed it with ChocolateWife. I got up, ate, got dressed, and left the house about 6:30 planning to get to the park when it was getting light and run a few hours. I texted ChocolateWife and said that I would be done about 9:05 and then that I would be done about 9:15. When I checked in with her on the way home she said the 2 adults and 1 of the two teenagers visiting were still asleep. I got home, iced, drank a recovery drink, took a shower, and helped with breakfast before all the guests got up. I felt like that old Marine commercial. "We get more done before sunrise than most people do all day..." or however it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment