Tuesday, March 19, 2013

21 Day Mind Mastery Weight Loss Program


A few weeks ago I signed up for an online seminar/course called The 21-Day Master Weight Loss Program.  I had seen a post about it on Facebook a few months ago and then again another post a few weeks ago.  The course is normally $97 but the FB ad said you could get it for $49.  I looked at the two free introductory videos and downloaded the first two free chapters of the author’s Kindle book and was interested. 

While my weight is not a major problem, it is higher than I would like.  More troubling, I don’t find that counting my calories or my fat calories or working out more or harder or easier seem to have much effect on my weight.  I seem to be at a plateau for the past few years in spite of eating generally healthy and running, biking, stretching, doing core, etc.  A few years ago I went to see a Homeopath to work on that issue.  We discovered that I had a gluten insensitivity if not allergy and I’ve cut my gluten consumption almost completely.  While you sometimes hear anecdotal evidence about cutting gluten and losing weight, that hasn’t been my experience.  It has helped my allergies and digestion but doesn’t seem to have affected my weight. 

When I mentioned the course to ChocolateWife she said that if it spoke to me I should take the course.   The next day when I logged in to my e-mail I had an e-mail from the online hosting company saying that since I had viewed but not purchased the course, here was a code for 30% off.  A few hours later I got a here is a code for 50% off.  So I spent $48 to start the course. 

I’m now on day 12 and quite intrigued with where it is going.  I believe that the course will end up being about sort of rewiring my brain to have control over different things including my weight.  I’m not sure how that will happen but I’m open to it and looking forward to it.  In terms of mechanics the course is comprised of:

·         A daily video to watch from the Clinical Psychologist – Dr. Sean Sullivan.  These are about 5 minutes long and very encouraging.  He is quite charismatic and relates his personal experience in life and how it relates to the challenge for the day.

·         You do 20 minutes of exercise, any exercise you choose.

·         Immediately following the exercise, you do a scripted 20 minute walking meditation.  It’s basically a mediation progressing through body awareness, sound focus, breath awareness, and observation of internal thoughts.

·         Then you do a journaling/challenge.  It differs daily and is what takes you toward the main objective of the course.  This what I find the hardest as I find myself actually confronting painful memories and trends in my life. 

The course is challenging in that there is no day off.  I have not managed to run all the steps together that often.  Frequently I do the first 3 together but then do the last one at home that evening.  It’s not ideal but I believe I am making progress. 

More to come later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment