Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Baby/Big Brother Blankets

I made blankets for a friend's baby and for her 6 year old.  The friend is mostly an online friend but we have met a few times.  I needed a project and thought she would appreciate it.  The blanket is one I may have made before from a book of blankets with large borders that I have.  It was fun and easy to make.  
 


 
I asked the friend what colors her son likes and see said orange, gold, yellow so I made this with assorted yarn - some that we had and some that I had to go and get.  I had a hard time finding the rainbow variegated but I do like the more orange/yellow/green variegated.  This blanket seemed to go very slowly which is strange because the last big granny square blanket I made was done in about 8-10 days.  
 

I'll see my friend this weekend to give her both blankets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment