Wednesday, December 21, 2011

First Magic Mile Redo

Yesterday I went to Clark Field to try again to run my first magic mile. It took me about 8 minutes to get there so I had done my walking warm up and a little jogging before I arrived. The track was quite nice and not quite oval. I finished 4 laps in 9:52 which is a little slower than I was hoping for but I'm also very excited that I broke 10:00 for the first time. After I got back to the office, I looked at the website and realized that each lap is actually 444 yards so 4 laps is just over a mile. (1776 yards completed rather than 1760). If I extrapolate, my mile time would have been 9:47 which I think is a pretty reasonable extrapolation.

Assuming 9:47, my training pace would be 13:43/mile and my race pace would be 11:44/mile or 2:33:48. Of note, my predicted finish time would not drop below 2:30 until I ran a 9:32 magic mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment