Thursday, January 31, 2013

Training Plan Week 9 - 1/21 - 1/28

Planned:

Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday - 5 miles
Thursday - 3 miles
Saturday - 10 K Race
Sunday - Cross-train

Actual:
None of that.  My back has been an issue since I woke up Sunday (1/20) in pain.  I did a lot of heat and rest throughout the week and then took my friend's advice to see a chiropractor on Friday.  He said it was a problem with my iliosacral joint caused by muscle imbalance and flexibility imbalance. He also said no heat!  He said that there is inflammation and that the heat feels nice but does more hurt than good.  So ... ice. 

Sunday I went for a 30 minute walk with the family.  Not fast and it felt uncomfortable by the end. 

Lots of ice.  Some rest. 

I'm worried about my half-marathon and about letting down all the people who donated to my run for Livestrong and particularly those for whom I'm running a mile.  What if I can't run in their honor? Or only make it 5 miles?

No comments:

Post a Comment