Friday, February 10, 2012

Final Magic Mile

I ran the last magic mile in my training plan yesterday. It should actually be scheduled for this weekend but since I am never sure if my GPS will work, I wanted to go run it on a track while I could. I ran a 9:46 MM which honestly I was somewhat surprised and disappointed about. My last magic mile was 9:47 and I felt faster this time. I also really pushed myself (much more than you are supposed to do on a magic mile). My HR went to 195 which is perilously close to my max HR. I was hoping for a 9:25-9:32 mm time. I guess the consistency is good.

According to Jeff Galloway’s Race prediction I should run my half-marathon at 11:43 minute miles for a total time of 2:33:32.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Amazing improvement from your first magic mile. I can't wait to see how Sunday goes for you - you're going to ROCK IT!! :)

    ReplyDelete