Monday, February 27, 2012

Recovery Week Training

Ha ha.  I ran 25 miles on my recovery week.  I love it.  Actually 7 miles of that is walking.  Still, more miles than I did probably the first 2.5 weeks after my last half-marathon. 

Monday - 2.95 miles walking in 55 minutes.  It was a holiday so I had plenty of time to relax.  I went for a walk in my new Vibram 5 Finger shoes while ChocolateDaughter rode her balance bike. 
Tuesday - 4 miles 48 minutes (12:00) plus the walking warm up/down.  I went to the track near my work so I would be on flat and wouldn't have to think about pace or how far to go.  Boring but 2:00/1:00 ratio.
Thursday - 3.9 miles 50 minutes (12:49) plus the walking warm up/down.  87 degrees out.  Ran 2:00/1:00 for the first 40 at the park. Then started feeling hungry/nauseated so I slowed it down to 1:00/1:00 for the last bit. 
Friday - 3.6 miles walking 56 minutes (15:33).  I wore the Vibrams again but with some new toe socks.  It felt lovely.  57 out and beautiful.
Sunday - 9.0 miles 1:56 (12:53) plus walking warm up/down.  I set out to run 2 hours but ended up going slightly longer.  Just after I had turned back toward home my wife called and said could I go to the store. I turned back, climbed an embankment, and did so, then back across the intersection, down the embankment, and home.  It was quite lovely out. 

This week will be less as I already know I will miss my Tuesday run and I'm not sure what I'll do this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment