Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 14 Half-Marathon Training Program


I had an ok but not great week training last week.  I missed one run due to just not getting up in the morning.  The nice thing is that the weather has finally broken so I was able to enjoy some cooler weather. 

Monday - 3.41 mile/57 minute walk (16:36/mile). 
Wednesday - 5.4 mile 70 minute run (12:57/mile).  The pace includes 5 minutes warm up and 5 warm down and a 3:1 throughout the run.  It felt nice and fast (for me). 
Saturday - 5.46 mile 69 minute run (12:38/mile).  The pace includes 5 minute warm up, 5 warm down and magic mile of 10:02.  The rest of the way was 3/1 or 2:30/1.
Sunday - 3.86 mile 65 minute walk (16:50/mile).  A lovely walk.  I wore a long-sleeve technical shirt and actually tucked my hands inside the ends for the first half. It was wonderful.

Now I'm on taper week and looking forward to it.  I've got 2 runs and an easy walk and then the race next Sunday.  I want to drive the race course on Saturday as I am not familiar with that part of town.  My goal for the race is 2:35-2:40. 

No comments:

Post a Comment